As part of our commitment to act with integrity and respect individual privacy, we protect the personal data of our stakeholders, including employees, customers, shareholders, partners, suppliers and other individuals who trust us with information. “Personal Data” includes any information, which identifies or locates an individual, or is capable of doing so. To be a trusted business partner, MyDoc continually strives to protect Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and industry standards. To that end, this policy guides how MyDoc collects, uses, stores, transfers and secures Personal Data.
We may offer forums for the exchange of information among our users. You agree to assume all responsibility for your use of such forums. In particular, you understand that we do not assure the accuracy, reliability, confidentiality or security of information made available through the use of our forums. You should understand that any information you disclose through our user forums will be accessible to the public. You agree that any information you place in user forums will become the exclusive property of MyDoc.
MyDoc maintains permission to gather information on usage, such as numbers of visits, visitor source and visitor activity. This data is collected for the purposes of improving the overall user experience, which includes assisting in creating additional products and services that might be attractive to our users and our partners.
Access to our products are password protected. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone and that you update your credentials on a regular basis. Exercise the utmost personal security in how you handle your password. MyDoc will never ask for your password in an unsolicited phone call or unsolicited email.
Your email address is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you, either by us or our contracted third-party partners, or on your behalf. Your email may also be used for forgotten password or user account information, and in the future, it may be used as a tool for messaging. Unless you opt out, we may also use your email address to send you promotional and marketing materials. MyDoc never shares your email address with external companies, unless we have explicitly contracted them to deliver services on our behalf. Additionally, users may revoke their email permission at any time to opt out of receiving any future information. Simply contact us at: email@example.com.
MyDoc may ask you to participate in use surveys, questionnaires, or polls, to facilitate feedback and input from our users. When you respond to surveys, questionnaires or polls related to our site, this information is collected only as anonymous, aggregated information and is used for statistical purposes and to improve our products and services.
We may place advertisements concerning the products and services of third parties on the interface to our services, so that you see them when you use the services. Unless you have opted out, we may also email marketing materials to you. We may receive remuneration from the suppliers of these products and services for placing their advertisements. We may use computerized processes to tailor the advertisements to you or to your use of the system. However, except as described above, we will not disclose, to any third party, any information that identifies you to enable the third party to market products or services to you directly.
Each time you access our services, MyDoc collects the limited information that your browser or app makes available whenever you visit any website or access a third-party service online. Additionally, MyDoc may place internet “cookies” on the computer hard drives of visitors to this Website. Information we obtain from cookies helps us to tailor our site to be more helpful and efficient for our visitors. The cookie consists of a unique identifier that does not contain information about you or your health history. We use two types of cookies, “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. A session cookie is temporary, and expires after you end a session and close your web browser. We use session cookies to help customize your experience on our site, and maintain your signed-on status as you navigate through the features. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive after you’ve exited from our site, until you erase them or they expire. Persistent cookies will not contain any personal information about you.
This site provides links to sites operated by third parties. MyDoc has no control over the content of such linked sites, and is not responsible for it, or for the effect of your accessing a site through a link on our site. You should assume that any information that does not bear the MyDoc logo is operated by a third party, and you should read the site’s privacy notice before using it.
We have no intention of accepting any information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are not yet 18 years of age, please leave this site immediately. Parents are urged to monitor and supervise their children’s online activity.
We collect health information about you and store it in a personal health record. The health record created is the property of MyDoc, though the health information it contains is your property. We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. For this, we disclose health information to our employees and others involved in providing the care that you need. In addition to this we may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
● To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services. We may share your health information with doctors or healthcare providers who will provide services to you through us.
● As required for the operation of MyDoc. We may use and disclose health information about you to review and improve the quality of services we provide, or to improve the competence and qualifications of our professional staff.
● To provide information to you relating to other healthcare related products and services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will no longer be provided if you have opted out from receiving such information. For our policy on using your Personal Data for promotional or marketing purposes, please see the section "Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes" below.
● To inform you of any changes to our Website, services or goods and products.
● To contact and remind you about products and services that you have selected either from us or our partners.
● As necessary for medical reviews, legal services and audits, including fraud and abuse detection and compliance programs and business planning and management.
● As part of a research study or data mining exercise with the purpose of deriving metrics or insights or other findings which may be used for promotional purposes or published in some other way. All data used for promotional purposes or published in any way will be aggregated and anonymised.
In order to provide our services to you we may provide your Personal Data to third parties, which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Doctors or healthcare providers who will provide services to you through our Website.
● Your insurer(s) who referred you to use our service and may require proof of services rendered and/or a medical report before payment is made to MyDoc; or if they are required to authorize services or referrals.
● Third party service providers who have provided services to you or your physician (e.g. x-ray services or lab testing services) in order to obtain test results or for the purposes of issuing invoices.
● Our business associates, such as our associates providing billing services, or performing administrative services for us. MyDoc enters agreements with each of these business associates that require these service providers to protect confidentiality and security of all information extended to them.
● Other companies who help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, for the purposes of data mining and deriving other insights and in order to enhance the services provided under MyDoc.
● Government or regulatory bodies to whom MyDoc is required to make disclosure to under a legal and / or regulatory obligation in that jurisdiction applicable to MyDoc.
● Providers generating clinical notes (if applicable). We will not use or disclose your clinical notes without your prior written authorization except for the following:
o use by the originator of the notes for your treatment, for training our staff, students and other trainees, to defend ourselves if you sue us or bring some other legal proceeding, if the law requires us to disclose the information to you or to another body or for some other reason, in response to health oversight activities concerning your physician, to avert a serious and imminent threat to health or safety, or to the coroner or medical examiner after death. To the extent you revoke an authorization to use or disclose your clinical notes, we will stop using or disclosing these notes, unless one the above items are applicable.
In operating our Website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of Singapore for processing and storing. By providing your Personal Data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. MyDoc protects Personal Data from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We store Personal Data, regardless of its form, with security procedures appropriate to the sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
For users outside of Hong Kong and Macau, "Personal Details" shall mean your Personal Data.
For Hong Kong and Macau users, "Personal Details" shall mean your name and contact information.
As well as for the purposes set out above, MyDoc intends to use your Personal Details for promotional or marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to the following products, services, advice and subjects: medical/health treatment; medicine; educational; training; reward/loyalty/privilege programmes; gymnasium and fitness; sporting and special events; sports and fitness equipment; food and beverage; health supplement; spa and similar relaxation activities and other leisure services; telecommunication and mobile services; internet; other retail/consumer products and services; wellness and charitable/non-profitable causes; hospitality services; insurance; ("Marketing Categories").
For the purposes of direct marketing, we may provide your Personal Details to providers (and their agents) (whether within or outside of MyDoc) of any of the Marketing Categories described above so that they can contact you and/or send you promotional materials and conduct direct marketing in relation to the products and services that they offer (these materials may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means). We may provide your Personal Details to providers (whether within or outside of MyDoc) of any of the Marketing Categories for gain.
For users outside of Hong Kong and Macau, unless you opt-out, you hereby consent to us using your Personal Details for the purposes set out above and/or providing your Personal Details to the transferees set out above and that we may use and/or provide your Personal Details for any promotional or marketing purpose.
For Hong Kong and Macau users only, before using your Personal Details for the purposes set out above and/or providing your Personal Details to the transferees set out above, we will obtain your auditable consent, and only after having obtained such auditable consent will we use and/or provide your Personal Details for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may in the future withdraw your consent to the use and provision to a third party by MyDoc of your Personal Details for direct marketing purposes and thereafter MyDoc shall cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us by writing to the address in the section on "Questions, Complaints and Contacts" or sending us an email. Any such request should clearly state details of the Personal Details in respect of which the request is being made.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our policies and practices, your rights under this statement, and your dealings with MyDoc, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below:
MyDoc Pte Ltd
101C, Telok Ayer Street,
Dated: 12 December 2017